Hallo! My name is Kelly. I grew up in New Orleans, LA. I married my husband Billy in Oct 2000 in N.O. We have three children and have moved from Abita, Springs, Louisiana to Stuttgart, Germany. This is something we have dreamed about and it is our first expat experience. I hope everyone enjoys reading about our adventures because I am very excited to share.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend at the Stadt Festival in Boblingen

Actual Date: July 6

This weekend was our first of many huge festivals in our town. We walked down to the Marktplatz near the lakes where this festival was taking place. There were vendors selling things as far as one could see. They sold things like clothing, furniture, wallets, purses, scarves, scarves, and more scarves, sunglasses and lots of food and of course BEER!!!!
There were about 5 different stages set up throughout the city with entertainment from dancers to bands, ALL to American music of course.
Anyway, it was one of those rare completely beautiful days in Stuttgart, except for the fact that Trey was sick with a stomach bug:( he was able to make it for a bit but then went home, luckily we are able to walk since its literally down the street.
We ate bratwurst, pomme frittes,drank wine and beer and Blair and I tried some random specialty drinks. One of our drinks was soda, Aperol?? And mint leaves with lime....pretty good. Aperol is an orange type liquor that the Germans seem to love.
We also climbed up the tower of the church to se the whole city which was pretty neat and rode bumper cars and listened to several bands, some really good actually.
We stayed at this festival from 1pm until practically midnight when it ended. We had so much fun. In the evening we actually sat at a table with one of the counselor s for the mayor and hung out for the rest of the night. He even bought Billy a beer:) love the Germans
On a side note we listened to music like Rolling down the River and Sweet Home Alabama!!!
I am trying to attach videos below but if they don't load I'm sorry, enjoy the pictures!!!

I forgot to write that Billy and Blake did rock climbing together.

Sorry there are no videos due to the fact the blog sight wants to charge $60 a year, ugh no!!





20130708-234308.jpg

20130708-234321.jpg

20130708-234333.jpg

20130708-234346.jpg

20130708-234405.jpg

20130708-234420.jpg

20130708-234434.jpg

20130708-234445.jpg

20130708-234454.jpg

20130708-234508.jpg

20130708-234517.jpg

20130708-234533.jpg

6 comments:

  1. I upload my videos to YouTube and then add the YouTube idea to my blog. Does it allow you to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing American things in Germany!! Love the pic of Blake drinking a beer (hehe)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like a good time. Don't drink to much beer Blake. Will make you fat and drunk, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures!! Can't wait to do a fest with you guys. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to read your posts. It's hard for me to do anything though right now because my internet does not work and my phone works sometimes. So I'm late with many things; plus have the kids here everyday except Thursday and Sunday. Seems like you guys are really enjoying yourselves and becoming Germans!!! Love ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So apparently my comment that I made did not go thru and I am just now seeing this...
    Have you tried uploading videos to youtube first and then adding them to the blog? That is how I add videos and I would think Wordpress would be the same as blogger. Hopefully it works!!

    ReplyDelete