Hallo! My name is Kelly. I grew up in New Orleans, LA. I married my husband Billy in Oct 2000 in N.O. We have three children and have moved from Abita, Springs, Louisiana to Stuttgart, Germany. This is something we have dreamed about and it is our first expat experience. I hope everyone enjoys reading about our adventures because I am very excited to share.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Hotter than HOT

Short blog today, just had to vent on our latest weather....
While no rain in a country known for rain has been nice, the heat has NOT been. I'm not really complaining because I would take this weather over NOLA's anyday but enough is enough.
The past few days have been mid 80's and today we approached 87 and everyday through Wednesday of next week shows little relief. Saturdays high is projected at 98:(
Now it's a very dry heat, thank goodness but with no AC, it SUCKS!!!
We are tempted to buy a portable AC, they sell for about $200 but we are holding out because we are being cheap. ThE house amazingly isn't tooooo bad but we have ceiling and floor fans in the rooms and there are metal and wooden automatic shutters on all windows so we keep them down to keep the sun out.
Wednesday we should finally see some rain after weeks of none but the high is still 84.
I know all the Louisiana people are cursing me right now but like I said no AC is rough.
Even the hospitals here do not have AC:( I would hate to be in one of those delivering a baby right now.
The other problem with this heat is that in Germany your trash only gets picked up every other week!!! So gross, especially for my friend that has 2 kids in diapers. I sneak some of ours into bins on the base.......
How is the heat for everyone else?????
Have a great week!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment