Hallo! My name is Kelly. I grew up in New Orleans, LA. I married my husband Billy in Oct 2000 in N.O. We have three children and have moved from Abita, Springs, Louisiana to Stuttgart, Germany. This is something we have dreamed about and it is our first expat experience. I hope everyone enjoys reading about our adventures because I am very excited to share.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Quick Update

We are heading into our BIG season of visitors, travel and holidays.
This week Blake received his first badge in Boyscouts , he earned the Bobcat badge and he was so proud. For those of you that do not know the Transatlantic Boyscout pack is a really neat thing to be a part of. For example, this is the 70th anniversary of Normandy had his troop along with all of the European troops will be camping on the beaches of Normandy in April, such an amazing experience. I am so happy we are able to give the kids these experiences.
Tonight we have a Halloween bowling party and tomorrow the kids have a pumpkin drop at their school. Each class created boxes to put their pumpkins in and added whatever they thought would provide good cushioning:). The fire fighters come to school and drop the boxes from the roof, seeing which class has the pumpkin that will not burst. So fun!!!
On Saturday we have the last regular week of soccer. Treys' team is undefeated and will be in the championship next Saturday, 3 games. Blake's age group is finished this Saturday, no tournaments. When soccer is over, the winter sports will be Blake is doing wrestling and Trey is playing basketball.
Blair is thoroughly enjoying her senior year in Europe and has a group of girls that she hangs out with. She is doing great in school this year so that in itself is great.
On Saturday is the much anticipated arrival of Keith and Joyce, very excited!!!!! They are visiting Prague right now and come to us Saturday:)) and will leave on Tuesday:((
On November 8 my family and I will be traveling to Prague for 4 days, we are excited because we will be traveling by train.
The following week my mom arrives, FINALLY!!! We will be visiting MANY places and staying for a weekend in Garmisch to ski. We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house with my mom and some of our Stuttgart Friends.
Then after mom's 2 week visit, Billy and I are headed to meet our friends Debbie and Luke in Amsterdam for the weekend. They live in London so it's a place we all wanted to visit and what a great meeting place. Ironically, we will be there for Billy's birthday, lucky him.
After hat we will be busy with Christmas markets, skiing, ice skating and holidays.
We already have people coming over to celebrate Christmas and we have New Years Eve plans already!!! It's awesome to think of the friends we have made in such a short time.
And then into 2014, we immediately celebrate the new year with Rachel's visit, my friend not sister in law. And then in February we have the Carroll family!
We have several trips in the works for next year and I am hoping, crossing my fingers, that I can make it home at the end of April to celebrate jazz Fest. We will see but definitely sometime next year.
Have an awesome weekend everyone!!!!!!!


20131024-101341.jpg

20131024-101351.jpg

20131024-101414.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Blake. Congratulations on your achievement. Love you.

    ReplyDelete